A number of volunteer opportunities are available for the Reliance Properties DCBank Open. Volunteers are expected to work a minimum of 12 hours throughout the week in order to be eligible for volunteer benefits.
Volunteers will receive a golf shirt and hat that must be worn while working. In addition, each volunteer will receive a complimentary meal for each four-hour shift worked. There will be a Volunteer registration session on the Sunday prior to the Tournament to pick up your shirt, hat and to meet your coordinator. Sunday evening right after the Tournament there will be a Volunteer Appreciation Party.
A variety of opportunities are available, with varying time commitments throughout the week. If you are interested in being a Volunteer, please fill in a form. All Volunteers will be contacted once an application has been received.
Please review our Integrity Program Manual here.
Volunteer Positions available:
- Control of crowd movement, noise at tees and greens
- Ball spotting on the course to maintain pace of play
- Control VIP parking areas and general parking areas
- Collection of Driving distance data as required by MACKENZIE TOUR PGA Tour Canada
- Shuttle Players when necessary
- Shuttle VIP’s when necessary
- Other transportation acquired by the respective Committee
- On golf course for continuous updates
- Knowledge of tablet computer & mobile radio
- Walking Scorers (on course with players)
- Knowledge of cell phone- Android for scoring
- Standard Bearers (on course with players & Walking Scorer)
- Tournament set-up/tear down
- Roping and staking the golf course
- Work with MACKENZIE TOUR PGA Tour Canada re set-up/tear down
Caddy opportunities are available.
Previous caddying experience is not a requirement for the job, but all potential caddies must have a good understanding of golf etiquette and some golfing experience.
To be considered for caddying, you must first complete the caddie application form. We will notify you when and where to report for your shift.
Please note no caddie jobs will be confirmed either by email or over the phone.
We will make every effort to find a caddie job for qualified candidates. Some golfers will have their own caddies, so we do not know in advance precisely how many caddies will be required. In addition, some golfers will request specific caddies (previous years caddie, adults or juniors, Uplands Golf Club members, experienced vs. inexperienced) and our first priority is to respond to these golfers requests.
Caddie jobs will be allocated Wednesday on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to the above considerations. As a result, regardless of when talked to or contacted the Caddie Master, the earlier you arrive at Uplands Golf Club on Wednesday, the better your chances of obtaining a job. If work or school constraints hamper your ability to show up early at Uplands Golf Club on Wednesday, you may send a representative. In the event there are more caddies than positions available, a priority list will be maintained based on the order in which people register.
Please review the Caddie video (above) as there is very good information from very experienced caddies. Some rules have been modified for the 2020 season and caddies will be given the updated information.